Olds Intrigue '99 Electrical Prob

The interior and trunk lamps quit working. (instrument panel is OK). I checked the book, and identified that all these lamps were controlled by one fuse -
problem solved - NO!! Fuse was good.
I then figured - well most of these lamps are on a dimmer circuit - go to the Olds store and buy whatever diims them - No help from the friendly parts man "Too many possibilities."
Anybody solve a similar problem?
The body computer module is what dims the interior lights, and you definitely don't want to replace that without knowing for sure it's bad. A wiring problem would be my first suspicion..
Does the glovebox light work?
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
The body computer module is what dims the interior lights, and you definitely don't want to replace that without knowing for sure it's bad. A wiring problem would be my first suspicion..
Does the glovebox light work?
NO; Neither the glove box or the trunk lite work - only reason I mention the trunk is that it (I assume) doesn't dim either. I appreciate your response.
THx
Well, the glovebox light (and series switch) is hooked up to ground on one side and the courtesy lights B+ output control of the BCM on the other end. That BCM output in turn gets its power from the INADV POWER fuse in the fuse block. It's got to be the fuse, the BCM or some wiring problem in between these parts..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I will not have time to play with it 'til the w/e. I appreciate your help, and will update you on the progress (or lack of)
Thx
Well, the glovebox light (and series switch) is hooked up to ground on one side and the courtesy lights B+ output control of the BCM on the other end. That BCM output in turn gets its power from the INADV POWER fuse in the fuse block. It's got to be the fuse, the BCM or some wiring problem in between these parts..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Can you send me a schematic of the circuit?