Oldsmobile Intrigue moldy smell

The '99 Intrigue has a moldy smell since we've started to use the A/C more now that it's warmer. I would guess that this is due to bacteria on the evaporator, or a plugged drain line. How accessable is the
evaporator and/or the drain line? Where are these located?
Thanks
The drain line is usually a small elbow that protrudes through the firewall.
Accessing the evaporator usually requires substantial disassembly under the dash. Every car is a little different and I don't know about the Intrigue.
If heard that a solution to this smell is to allow the blower motor to blow for about 10 minutes after the car (A/C) is shut down. This dries out the evaporator area and prevents the growth of bacteria and mold. It is possible that GM can program the car to do this or that a device can be added on to keep the blower going for a while after shut-downs.
On 25 May 2004 09:34:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (O'erclockd Proc) wrote:

I recall reading a while ago that Ford dealers (iirc) offered a procedure that would kill the mold on an evaporator without disassembly. Closed the flaps and flooded the airbox with an anti-fungal solution, then vacuumed it out. Someone later suggested that shops specializing in automotive A/C had it available as well.
Don't know anything else about it, like whether it was specific to Ford designs, but might be worth a call to a dealer.
(O'erclockd Proc)

Here is some good info abt ac smell, I think GM service dept uses the AirSept system: http://www.imcool.com/articles/aircondition/evap_stinks.htm