Oli in the coolant

I have oil in the coolant overflow tank. But I do not see any coolant in the oil. I have a 1996 pont. grand prix 3.1 litre Car seems to run fine.
What could it be ?
Thanks Mike

Could be: A blown head gasket, crack in the block, warped head.. It needs to be checked out immediately.
__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4
Re: Oli in the coolant Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 5:04am From: snipped-for-privacy@spamsack.org (BarryS.)
I have oil in the coolant overflow tank. But I do not see any coolant in the oil. I have a 1996 pont. grand prix 3.1 litre Car seems to run fine. What could it be ? Could be: A blown head gasket, crack in the block, warped head.. It needs to be checked out immediately. __________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4
More than likely you radiator ir bad if you have oil in your colant but not coolant in your oil...You have oil lines which go through your radiator.....If the radiator corrodes oil will seep into it....Take your radiator to be checked first Steve C
If you are using Dex cool, it might just be dirty. The dex cool turns to a muddy paste after a while.
wrote: I have oil in the coolant overflow tank. But I do not see any coolant in the oil. I have a 1996 pont. grand prix 3.1 litre Car seems to run fine. What could it be ? Could be: A blown head gasket, crack in the block, warped head.. It needs to be checked out immediately. __________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4
More than likely you radiator ir bad if you have oil in your colant but not coolant in your oil...You have oil lines which go through your radiator.....If the radiator corrodes oil will seep into it....Take your radiator to be checked first Steve C

This GM release might be worth checking out ...
http://www.autosafety.org/uploads/SB-10001282-8175.pdf