Oli in the coolant

I have oil in the coolant overflow tank. But I do not see any coolant in the oil. I have a 1996 pont. grand prix 3.1 litre Car seems to run fine.

What could it be ?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

Could be: A blown head gasket, crack in the block, warped head.. It needs to be checked out immediately.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.

Re: Oli in the coolant Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 5:04am From: snipped-for-privacy@spamsack.org (Barry=A0S.) On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 10:16:12 GMT, "Mike" wrote: I have oil in the coolant overflow tank. But I do not see any coolant in the oil. I have a 1996 pont. grand prix 3.1 litre Car seems to run fine. What could it be ? Could be: A blown head gasket, crack in the block, warped head.. =A0 It needs to be checked out immediately. __________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

More than likely you radiator ir bad if you have oil in your colant but not coolant in your oil...You have oil lines which go through your radiator.....If the radiator corrodes oil will seep into it....Take your radiator to be checked first Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Re: Oli in the coolant

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 5:04am From: snipped-for-privacy@spamsack.org (Barry S.) On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 10:16:12 GMT, "Mike" wrote: I have oil in the coolant overflow tank. But I do not see any coolant in the oil. I have a 1996 pont. grand prix 3.1 litre Car seems to run fine. What could it be ? Could be: A blown head gasket, crack in the block, warped head.. It needs to be checked out immediately. __________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

More than likely you radiator ir bad if you have oil in your colant but not coolant in your oil...You have oil lines which go through your radiator.....If the radiator corrodes oil will seep into it....Take your radiator to be checked first Steve C

Reply to
Tj

This GM release might be worth checking out ...

Brian