Opel and GM.

GM are chasing Opel which it has ignored up to now. GM needs the expertise that Opel has in small lightweight cars with advances engines and running gear.

Reply to
Clive

"GM" no longer has anything to do with Opel. Opel is in the hands of the Federal Bankruptcy court that is charged with the task of liquidating the assents of the former "General Motors Corporation" to pay off creditors

Reply to
Mike

In message , Mike writes

I don't know where your information comes from, it isn't from the business news this morning.

Reply to
Clive

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between the bankrupt General Motors Corporation assets being sold and the new corporation known as GM? I am a debtor, I owned thousands of shares of the defunct General Motors Corporation and get updates from the bankruptcy court on every move by the court

Reply to
Mike

Not true. GM changed the direction with regards to Opel and maintained ownership of that brand. If you spend a few minutes looking, I am sure you can find articles on the web to explained the situation regarding GM and Opel. Heck, you might even just go to the eb site for the new "GM" and look there....but I suppose that might be too much trouble for you.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In message , Mike writes

The that explains why GM has to try to sweeten Opel up to get advanced engineering, if it still belonged to GM I suppose they could just take it?

Reply to
Clive

It is the court that is deciding what to do with Opel, not GM. GM has only four brands Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC.

Reply to
Mike

What happens to Opel is up to the Bankruptcy court.

Reply to
Mike

In message , Mike writes

I don't think so. Germany wanted to buy out Opel from GM. GM was just interested in getting money from the German Government which the Germans suspected would be sent straight to Detroit. Now GM needs the technology that Opel has and the Germans have no intention of shutting the plant. They may buy it from GM, and leave GM without the advanced technology that they want. What GM have got to decide is, do they want the money? In which case the Germans will just buy them out, or do they want the advanced techniques?

Reply to
Clive

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between the bankrupt General Motors Corporation assets being sold and the new corporation known as GM?

I am a debtor, I owned thousands of shares of the defunct General Motors Corporation and get updates from the bankruptcy court on every move by the court __________________________________________________________________

Wouldn't the bankrupt corporation be the debtor?

You as a stockholder would be a potential creditor eligible to share any assets remaining from liquidation, after satisfaction of the claims of senior creditors.

Just askin'.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Incorrect.

From

: "About General Motors - General Motors, one of the world's largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 205,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in some 157 countries. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, FAW, GMC, Daewoo, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GM's largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Italy. GM's OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services. General Motors acquired operations from General Motors Corporation on July 10, 2009, and references to prior periods in this and other press materials refer to operations of the old General Motors Corporation. More information on the new General Motors can be found at
"

You might also go to:

Take a look at the Opel Ampera....

Reply to
C. E. White

Left the Germans with a bad karma on GM too, GM took a loan on the premise that GM would revive Opal and reneging on that, almost all of Europe wouldn't lend GM a plug nickle.

Reply to
Canuck57

What part of GM does not own Opel, do you not understand? LOL

Reply to
Mike

When one looses the value of thousands of share that is loss.

Reply to
Mike

sometimes people make up enough stuff they begin to believe it. I think that gm asked the german govt for a loan to improve opel or they would sell it, then they tried to sell it, the stipulations for both became outrages. gm couldn't close plant layoff employees etc. So GM financed the whole thing probably with the help of the us bailout money. Henderson is the one who wanted to sell it but after the board reconsidered the value of opel they kept it. It is still a work in progress as europe is still losing money. and could still be in trouble if they don't control costs.

Reply to
Tom