Opel and GM.

GM are chasing Opel which it has ignored up to now. GM needs the expertise that Opel has in small lightweight cars with advances engines and running gear.

--
Clive

"GM" no longer has anything to do with Opel. Opel is in the hands of the Federal Bankruptcy court that is charged with the task of liquidating the assents of the former "General Motors Corporation" to pay off creditors

I don't know where your information comes from, it isn't from the business news this morning.
--
Clive

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between the bankrupt General Motors Corporation assets being sold and the new corporation known as GM? I am a debtor, I owned thousands of shares of the defunct General Motors Corporation and get updates from the bankruptcy court on every move by the court
writes

The that explains why GM has to try to sweeten Opel up to get advanced engineering, if it still belonged to GM I suppose they could just take it?
--
Clive

What happens to Opel is up to the Bankruptcy court.
writes

I don't think so. Germany wanted to buy out Opel from GM. GM was just interested in getting money from the German Government which the Germans suspected would be sent straight to Detroit. Now GM needs the technology that Opel has and the Germans have no intention of shutting the plant. They may buy it from GM, and leave GM without the advanced technology that they want. What GM have got to decide is, do they want the money? In which case the Germans will just buy them out, or do they want the advanced techniques?
--
Clive

What part of GM does not own Opel, do you not understand? LOL
writes

"Mike" wrote:
Perhaps you do not understand the difference between the bankrupt General Motors Corporation assets being sold and the new corporation known as GM?
I am a debtor, I owned thousands of shares of the defunct General Motors Corporation and get updates from the bankruptcy court on every move by the court __________________________________________________________________
Wouldn't the bankrupt corporation be the debtor?
You as a stockholder would be a potential creditor eligible to share any assets remaining from liquidation, after satisfaction of the claims of senior creditors.
Just askin'.
Rodan.
When one looses the value of thousands of share that is loss.

It is the court that is deciding what to do with Opel, not GM. GM has only four brands Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC.

Left the Germans with a bad karma on GM too, GM took a loan on the premise that GM would revive Opal and reneging on that, almost all of Europe wouldn't lend GM a plug nickle.
On 8/19/2010 9:18 AM, Mike wrote:

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

sometimes people make up enough stuff they begin to believe it. I think that gm asked the german govt for a loan to improve opel or they would sell it, then they tried to sell it, the stipulations for both became outrages. gm couldn't close plant layoff employees etc. So GM financed the whole thing probably with the help of the us bailout money. Henderson is the one who wanted to sell it but after the board reconsidered the value of opel they kept it. It is still a work in progress as europe is still losing money. and could still be in trouble if they don't control costs.