Opels to Come to the US as Saturns in 2008

I think this is a smart move. Make Saturn into the GM Europe importer. While they are at it, give Saab to the Saturn dealer network as well. Saab has perhaps the worst dealer network of any brand in the US and
Saturn has one of the best.
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news%253a-new-cars/shocker-opel-astra-officially-saturnized-for-08-220356.php
John Horner wrote:

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news%253a-new-cars/shocker-opel-astra-officially-saturnized-for-08-220356.php

U.S.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news%253a-new-cars/shocker-opel-astra-officially-saturnized-for-08-220356.php I thought Saturns were Opel cars. AFAIK, my wife's VUE is an Opel Antara. The ion was an opel ellipse.
--
kai
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Everything but the S-series. I like the SW2's and 4cyl Vue's.

The L series Saturns are also Opels as well as the Venture/Montana/Olds Silhouette minivans. If I were buying a midsize car, I'd get a Saturn L series with the 2.2 ecotec or the Chevy Malibu with the ecotec.
-
grappletech wrote:

Where do you get this info from? The GM minivans are not Opels.
Ian