Opinion of a '97 Lumina?

.... the 3.4 L, 6 cyl engine? Found one at a good price, but is it a lemon?

geronimo wrote:

Do a Google search for that engine. Include the words: "intake manifold leak".

It's an OK car, not a spectacular car, but for the price it was acceptable. If you want basic transportation and the price is right, you should be getting a fair deal.

I don't think I have ever seen a Lumina with the 3.4L engine. Usually (starting with the 1995 model year) they have the 3.1, or in special cases, the 3.8. As for the Lumina themselves, they are actually nice cars. Huge interiors and trunks, and even my Grandparents with the 3.1 has good power for such a big car. It also rides like it's on a cloud. Better ride then my Bonnie SSEi, actually.

http://vmrintl.com/reviews/Chevy_lumina_95-99.htm
Engine availability change a bit during the model run. The base engine was a 3.1 liter OHV V6, with a much more powerful 3.4 liter DOHC V6 available on the LS. With the arrival of the LTZ, the big motor was dropped from the option list of the LS, and was only available on the LTZ. For 1998, the 3.4 liter V6 was replaced buy GM's ubiquitous 3.8 liter OHV V6. It was not available on the Base or LS models.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the link and info.

The 3.4 was available on the LS for the 95-96 model years, and was only available in 97 on the LTZ, if you go by what kbb says :)
-GV