opinion on the 04 cavalier

Hi All
I am thinking of purchasing an 04 Cavalier. What do you think of the car. Is it a solid stable car?
Thanks Robert

car. Is

Yeah, after 25 years or so they pretty much got the design down pat, and the ecotec motor seems pretty durable, finally chevy has a real winner that doesn't cost a ton, of course now they are discontinuing it after '04 to bring out the new Cobalt, which will also use ecotec motors, but as with any new chassis, will probably have its share of initial problems. Otherwise wait a few months till the dealers are more desperate to be getting rid of their last stock of cavaliers, should be able to pick a fully loaded one up for $12K USD after all the discounts and incentives.
Paradox wrote:

Actually, GM does have 05 models of the Cavalier now. Looks like they realized the popularity of the car and are extending production for at least one year.
Production in Lordstown is supposed to end in early October though, so I'm guessing the remaining '05 Cavaliers after that will be made in Mexico.
I did buy an '04. Very solid car.
--
e-mail address fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my address in order to reply.

Solid? Initially, yes. Give it a few thousand miles. More than its fair share of squeaks and rattles will begin to appear everywhere. I'll agree they are reliable if maintained well. Unfortunately, as with most inexpensive cars, the owners typically are unaware of proper maintaince or unable or unwilling to maintain the vehicle properly.
Roger

With enough time, skill, and the right materials, you can disassemble the dash and interior and take care of all the squeeks and rattles that occur, GM should just spend the extra $300 on the felt pad and rubber caulking that they use in the higher priced models to stop squeek points and make it into a nicer car.
I have a 2000 Cavalier - Great Car No problems 34,000 miles... No Rateling ..... Gives a good ride. Brian - Las Vegas,NV
I had one as a rental for 2 weeks. It was loaded including power mirrors and MP3 player. The car ran fine but I didn't find it to be very comfortable....

car. Is