Oshawa to get new Camaro

Several sources (Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, etc) are reporting that it will be announced Monday morning that the Camaro will be built in Oshawa. I have seen a memo from GM that begins "Attention
Business/Automotive/Assignment/Photo Editors: Media Advisory/ Photo Op -You are invited to join GM of Canada along with senior government officials and union leaders at the Oshawa Car Assembly Plant for a major automotive announcement. Date: Monday, August 21, 2006 Time: 10:15 a.m." (Event begins 11:00 am) I work in the Oshawa complex and heard last week that the announcement was expected Monday.
The Camaro is the first of the Zeta models we will get, to be followed by the new rw-drive Impala, Cadillac CTS and Buick Lucerne.
Jane
Fascinating news. When is the rw-drive Impala predicted to be announced? Roy

ROY BRAGG wrote:

No word on that. I don't know if they will call it 'Impala' or change the name, as we will continue to build the present Impala until 2009 or so.
Jane