OT: Driving/Cell Phone advice

Any advice on how to drive 80 mph on the expressway with one hand holding a cell phone and trying to reach over for a note pad in the glove box so I can write something important down. I think I can still
bottom steer with my knee.
I just activated a Motorola TracFone today. Now I too can look important !
LOL.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 876 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Harry Face wrote:

You'll get the hang of it.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

baby's diaper, vacumm the back seat plus much more while driving and you are wondering how to use a little cell phone?
--
Cheers!

Jan

says...

You call that flailing about the road driving?
says...

Yep, and thats why I saw a Grand Am with less than a foot between the driver and passenger side doors and a body bag being loaded up into the meat wagon....
Dennis Smith
snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThiSyahoo.com says...

it looks like others are doing while driving.
--
Cheers!

Jan

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

You might, seriously, look for an over the ear type "headset". Very light and not distracting. I put my cell phone in a cup holder, and plug in the headset before taking off. If I get a call, I can slip the headset over my ear, press answer, and then both hands are available for driving, and because I am not holding something to my ear there is no blind spot created... best course is to just wait and pull over to take it though, if in traffic.. let voice mail deal with it.

the keypad, move my finger there and while pressing it, i look up. i do this for each number. this way i'm never tempted to look away from traffic for too long. and when i pass a policeman, i put the phone down. ...thehick

I remember my father driving through rush hour traffic in Salt Lake City with a hamburger in one hand, milkshake in the other, using only his knees. So yes you can do it!
"Scott" <homealone.com> wrote:

Wendy's chicken nuggets many times. Managed to stand up and go in a paper cup while holding the gas pedal (no cruise control).
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:06:14 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

<chuckle> Please don't wear a seatbelt. Thus your family will beable to donate your organs.
Tony
Try this very simple test. In the middle of a tv show you are very interested in you get a phone call. The duration of the call is at least 2 minutes. After you finish the phone call try and recall exactly what went on in the tv show while you were on the phone. Your eyes saw images but your brain was otherwise occupied.
If you are busy enough to be yakking on a cell phone then you are simply too busy to be driving.... at any speed.
-- Mike.................................................... "Opportunities are spawned from crisis"
Any advice on how to drive 80 mph on the expressway with one hand holding a cell phone and trying to reach over for a note pad in the glove box so I can write something important down. I think I can still bottom steer with my knee.
I just activated a Motorola TracFone today. Now I too can look important !
LOL.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 876 miles_~_~_
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

BINGO! It isn't anywhere near the same as chatting with someone riding with you. Plus either side you hold a cell phone blanks your peripheral vision for that entire side of the vehicle. I think folk using cell phones while driving should be pulled over, have to drop their pants and jam it up their ass right there on the side of the road.

phone for emergencies with the kids etc., fine BUT PULL OFF THE ROAD TO ANSWER IT!

and losing his life yesterday. Seems he was trying to send a text message while driving.

And I have someone at work who texts while driving their forklift. He should have the forklift jammed up his pooper.
Vuarra