OT; Snowy Day = Dumb Driver

Most states publish a common statute book that carries both the criminal code and the motor vehicle code. What does that have to do with my post that says a cop can not issue a summery motor vehicle citation on private property? I would suggest you read you states MV code for yourself, then decide. In the majority of states only a few motor vehicle violations are subject to citation on private property, like homicide by motor vehicle and the driver is committing a first class felony. ;)

mike hunt

munir wrote:

Reply to
IleneDover

the point is moot as I never get tickets...

Things like registration, here in MN anyway, are subject to ticketing. You cannot have an unlicensed car on private property unless garaged. You can be ticketed for the offense (usually a petty mis.) but they may not tow you.

I learned many years back that the no parking zone starts in the middle of the signpole. I argued that ticket down to $3 with a hearing officer, but once I knew where it starts, I never park near the signs, LOL...

I had an accident once in a McDonald's parking lot and the other driver flagged down a cop who was eating lunch. He verified that accidents occuring off road did not have the reporting requirements that an on road one does.

I also learned long ago that if you're in an uncontrolled intersection accident, and the other party takes photographs of your skidmarks, all he can prove in court is that you tried to stop and he didn't - won that won going away, LOL.

A ticket for "operating defective equipment" is not subject to points on your record but "following too close" is. Won that one but lost as I needed to prove I'd spent the $300 on repairs to the car!

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir

Interesting point. Years ago I read a study (commishioned by Goodyear, IIRC) that said all season tires were actually better than snows, in all but deep virgin snow. Has this changed? Anyone got any expertise here?

Reply to
Joseph Roche

A lot depends on the ambient temperature. Winter tires and snows have rubber better suited for lower temperatures than A/S tires.

mike hunt

Joseph Roche wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

How could they run a hose "through" a car? You mean through the windows? Why not just run the hoses under the car or around it? Maybe the hoses can't be run around the car because they might kink or something.

Reply to
Justin

Justin wrote in news:Xns94A2B84C313B2noonenowherenet@209.25.157.130:

Take a look here to see the photo:

David Wilkinson

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

Reply to
sidewinder