OT - Suwanee, GA.

Page 2 of 2
"

True that.
The summer months in GA can get a little warm. Sure as sh*t beats shovelin snow, though.
C.B.
Ok, lets dispell all rumors. I live about 40 minutes north of there. Suwanee and NORTH would be a great place to work or live. When looking for a place to live go NORTH. You should be able to find a nice, new place in the mid 200's and up. Of course there are plenty of others in lower price ranges, but I'm talking about nice preplanned communites with amnenities, etcs.
NO threat from hurricanes at all. If the remants of one ever comes through, all you notice is a day of rain. In the summer you get the afternoon thundershower, with the occasional thunderstorm. Yes the summers are fairly hot and humid, but we definitely have 4 seasons. You may see flurries a few times a year, but are more likely to have an ice storm than any snow accumulation, an that would be rare.
Stone Mountain is only 15-20 miles away and is a great attraction. The Mall of Georgia, one of the biggest malls in the country is about 7 miles north, and Gwinnett Mall is about 7 miles south. You are in the perfect location for shopping. The Gwinnett Arena is only 5 miles south, they are now booking major concert acts. (George Strait, Hank Williams Jr., and the like) also have arena league football. And of course you are only a short drive into town to the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks. And maybe the Thrashers, if they ever play again! Good luck with your move.

Thanks for the info Jerry.
Jerry Hamilton said

I'd like to echo Jerry's sentiments, thoughts, and facts. I spent over 25 years in the Atlanta area and spent the last 11 years (1989-2000) in Lawrenceville, which is only 8 miles southeast of Suwanee.
The area has a lot going for it. If I didn't live one mile from the beach in Florida, I'd be tempted to move back.
Now, let me tell you about hurricanes ....
Casey