Ourisman Chevy Dealer in Wash DC used to have 24 hr service

I was reading an article which made the reference that Ourisman Chevy a well known dealership in the Wash. DC area used to have their service shop open
for 24 hours a day. This 24 hour service took place back in the 1920's. Now my point is ...part of GMs big problem is customer service, what if GM required at least one dealership per local region if not more be open 24hours a day as a curtosey to customers, do you think they would sell more cars? I mean buying a car on the premise that it will break and you can take it in for repair at 3am is not the goal, but it is comforting to know that your schedule does not need to be thrown out of whack when your car developes a problem.

I live within 15 miles of 3 major Chevy dealers. To bring my car in for service,
I have to be prepared to leave it for 3 or 4 DAYS. Even to bring my car in for
planned maintenance i.e. fluid changes means dropping it off in the morning
and picking it up at night OR waiting in the customer service lounge for several
hours.
Jiffy Lube can get the job done in 20 minutes. I've never used them because I
don't trust their service expertise... but people that I've spoken to have had
their vehicles serviced for years without any complications.. ( I do a lot of my
own service... at MY convenience ... and so that's it's done right).
Point is.... the dealerships make it so getting any type of service on a car is
a time consuming pain in the ass. The time spent waiting at dealerships can
be spent more profitably on other endeavors.... I don't make any money OR
have any fun hanging around a car dealership waiting for maintenance to be
done and so try to minimize it whenever necessary....frequently using more
accomodating service organizations.
Just my opinion !!
Peter

Sometimes, if the repair is covered under warranty, you could get a free rental car, then you'd have a car to drive for those 3 days. If not, you could rent one yourself -- usually an economy car isn't much more than $22/day or so. Beats beaing without a car for 3 days. Quickie Lube type places are alright, but be careful. I had a careless "technician" knock off the wire leading to the starter. The guy came into the waiting area and said "your truck won't start;I'll push it to the parking lot because we got customers waiting to get their cars lubed." I was pissed and said: "I've been driving that Toyota truck for 60,000 miles and it has never not started." We push started it and I popped the clutch and it fired up. I drove it right back though and told him to fix it. He had a mechanic from across the street come over and splice the wire that the tech had broken.
-