Outside temperature wrong

Page 2 of 2
On Mar 20, 9:34am, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Zork) wrote:

Hey Z,
I beieve that thet the sensor picks up the GROUND temperature, which may be different than the actual air temperature.
I own a couple of GM cars that have the temperature gauge, and have noticed the following:
During cold weather, especially with snow on the ground, the sensor will read a few degrees lower than the actual air temperature, moreso with snow or ice on the pavement.
This is really helpfulf if you are driving during winter weather, as it is more important to know the ground (pavement), as opposed to the air temperature.
During the summer months, the thermotar will generally read three or four degrees warmer than the actual air temperature, especially if you are driving on an ashpalt (dark) pavement, in July,as opposed to a concrete (light) road during the same time.
My guess is that there is nothing wrong with your thermotator at this time. .