Over heating buick ( help )

I have a 1996 Buick Regal that is over heating.
It has coolant and a brand new thermostat that i replaced because i thought that is why it was over heating...
can anyone please tell me some other things it may be i need to find out cause it is my only car so any help would be appreciated...
Thank You
CarDude
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.gm / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Every time I had overheating problems, the cause could usually be traced to either a thermostat put in backwards, or more usually, clogged radiator tubes. Assuming that's the case, you either need a new radiator core, or an entirely new radiator. The only other possibility that comes to mind is a bad water pump. Open your radiator (when cold), and start your car. If after the engine warms up, you don't see the water level drop and the water starting to swish around, then it's likely the water pump.

So that we dont all have to research and find out what engine, or engines, may be involved here, why dont you post that information.
Does it overheat when you are at highway speeds, or simply at idle?
If it overheats only at idle, it could mean your cooling fans are not activating as they should. But it could be other things as well.