Overhead Garage Door Opener.

I finally decided to mount the Garage Door Opener [ GDO ] inside the GDO Overhead Storage Compartment in the headliner of my Park Avenue.

Velcro holds the GDO in place.

The storage compartment's hinged cover has a rectangle shaped push button that presses upward and a series of plastic blocks that are mounted to the inside of the push button then press against the GDO button - thus opening or closing the garage door.

Wouldn't you know it - I'm 1 block short of a full stack !

My GDO is a Craftsman model and the remotes are very thin.

These blocks look like Lego blocks. Friday night when I went to a buddy's house I figured I'd swipe of few of his kids Lego's. He's got thousands and won't miss three or four. Natuarally I take the wrong size blocks and they won't fit into the blocks GM has provided me. 4 blocks came with the car when I bought it, but you really need 5 or 6.

I ended up taking a 1 inch wooden dowel rod. Sanded a flat spot on it. Then wound electrical tape around the dowel rod & the 4 black blocks GM provided.

Now I can press the button in the headliner to open & close the garage door. I don't have to dig through the armrest storage box or glove box looking for the GDO anymore. Hidden from view & from thieve's.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 34,145 91 Bonneville LE 305,717
Reply to
Harry Face

Harry,

I've always said that you've been one block short of a full stack, but never really held it against you!

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan