Overheating

My 92 Roadmaster is having an issue with the cooling system.... With the A/c on and driving around town the temp gauge goes way past the 190 mark and goes into
the 230 range. With the ac off and when its cool outside or night time it seems normal. When I get home from vaction, I am going to change the thermostate. And see what happens..... Thats and easy fix if thats the problem. If its the radiator then will deal with it.....
Jake
Are the cooling fan(s) running with the A/C on?
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
This is a big V-8. The only fan is the big one in front.....'