P0440 code GMC Jimmy

Hello All,
I have had the problem of the P0440 code for about the last month on a 2000 GMC Jimmy. Tried the gas cap and a new air filter to no avail
and the code would come back, once reset, after about 200 miles of driving. It needed an air filter, which I am embarrassed about, because there is no excuse for that.
So I went outside and put the -just stand there and look at the engine treatment on it-. I found this solenoid thing on the passenger side, mid to back of the engine with what looked like it needed a connector on it. I am not sure what this part does but I found the wires tucked down into the wiring harness. I snapped it back on the solenoid, and reset the computer. I will let you all know if this fixes the problem. I can take a picture of it and show you guys the part I am talking about.
Take care, Rob
The P0440 is the evap system check. It could be a cracked hose, bad gas cap, leak in the tank system or numerous others. If you have a habit of forcing the last ounce of gas in the tank it could have backed up to the canister and damaged it. How long and how did the thingie get unplugged?

http://www.autoforumz.com/General-Discussion-P0440-code-GMC-Jimmy-ftopict132939.html