P0442 + click,click,click on 2001 Cadillac STS

I have a 2001 STS which recently turned on the MIL and shows DTC P0442. I've check the obvious (gas cap is on tight), and temporarily cleared the code.

Coincidentally, I recently noticed that within a minutes of driving I hear a "Click,click,clik" from the back right. (Near the charcoal canister). Sounds like a solenoid.

Has anyone see this problem before? Are these symptoms connected?

I found the EVAP purge valve (at the throttle body), but there should be a second solenoid somewhere...

Thanks!

Reply to
OCG

Shep

I think it is the vent vavle I'm hearing. Why would it click 3 times?

start, but over the past 2 years I don't recall this CLICK CLICK CLICK.

Does the valve normally cycle 3 times? Is it failing a leakdown test and then retrying twive?

Thanks

Reply to
OCG

Reply to