P0742

Reference my earlier post.. The TCC stuck open is the OBD II code. Car is 2001 Buick Century with 110000miles. Sorry about the wrong code. Thanks ernie

Reply to
ernests13

The first thing I would do is change the transmission fluid. Maybe several times if it has never been changed. Also check wires and plugs. If it is original fluid I would NOT have a flush done.

Reply to
Woody

The transmission fluid and filter was changed at 50000 and 100000 miles. After getting the car home from the shop I did not erase the OBD II codes since they had cleared on their own. I did erase the code yeaterday and road tested the car today ( no codes set). So I think the problem is the wiring. If I can find the right plug I will try to clean it. Does anyone know know where it is? There are several. Thanks ernie

Reply to
ernests13

Reply to
Woody