Paint Color 1992 Olds 88 Royale

Can anyone tell me if the 2002 Chevy Suburban color listed as "indigo blue" would be the same used on my 1992 Olds 88 Royale which has a color code of U8743?

The color code for the Suburban is different, but I understand GM sometimes uses the same color in different years(?)

As the 1992 is 3rd, 4th(?),...-hand, the only reference to an actual color was found on a receipt (since lost) where a product called Zymotol "indigo blue" (spelling from memory) was purchased.

I believe it was touch -up paint as there is no visible rust on the car and small (nickel, dime- sized) marks have been painted.

I know that I can get the paint via the net, but I would prefer to find the product local if possible.

I appreciate any assistance you can post here. Thanks.

Reply to
SalTee

Can't you see the paint code on the RPO sticker in the glove box?

Indigo Blue Metallic basecoat is WA856J, 39U from 2002-2003 and WA9792, 39 from 2000-2002. You would really have to check the glove box to be sure. WA8743 is Black Sapphire Metallic.

Steve Google is your friend....

sometimes uses the same

was found on a receipt

memory) was purchased.