paint delamination ???

Anyone hear or know about a warranty or internal doc from GM regarding paint delamination? ( the paint flaking in sheets )
I have a '97 k3500 and it just started to delaminate in huge sheets.
Otherwise in excellent condition.
Thanks,
| Anyone hear or know about a warranty or internal doc from GM regarding | paint delamination? ( the paint flaking in sheets ) | | I have a '97 k3500 and it just started to delaminate in huge sheets. | Otherwise in excellent condition. | | | Thanks, |
The same problem was handled by a silent recall in the early '90's. It was caused by incompatability between the primer sealer and the paint. My wife had a '90 Corsica and we found out about it from a paint shop. We took it to the dealer and they tested it with masking tape. The paint came off with the tape which got her a new paint job from the metal up. Don't know if there is the same thing offered now, but the old one was only good for 5 years after the model year. Check with a couple of Dealers and see what they say.
--
Dumpster

-Anyone hear or know about a warranty or internal doc from GM regarding -paint delamination? ( the paint flaking in sheets )
-I have a '97 k3500 and it just started to delaminate in huge sheets. -Otherwise in excellent condition. - - -Thanks,
Check for a recall before you talk to dealers. Here are a couple of links to sites which have recall information:
http://www.safetyalerts.com/rcls/category/autosub/gmc.htm
If you are in th US http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html http://www.consumerpro.com/ onsumer protection Association)
If you are in Canada: http://www.thecarmagazine.com/en/tools/recalls/index.spy http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/recalls/recintro_e.htm
Ian snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca
Call a dealer, they will know definitively if a repair is warrantable.
mike hunt
zippy wrote:

My solution was lots of cans of spray paint and several days of work. My local dealer's regional manager basically said "too bad" to me several years ago when it started peeling. Other than that, it's been a great car (knock on wood) :)
-GV