paint peeling

I have a 94 GMC pickup I bought new, it only has 45,000 miles on it and has been babied by me. While washing it last week, paint started to peel off the hood where the creases are. Now paint is peeling off the front
fenders in the creases. Is there a problem with the paint on these vehicles?

yeah when its 11 years old it tends to flake off.....
its white isnt it?
It's white.