Painting front spoiler & trim

My '88 Z-24 needs paint on the "ground effects" (front spoiler, side trim, etc.) Is there a special paint for that stuff--I'm assuming it's made out of
some kind of plastic or rubber--or can I just use a rattle can of matching Dupli-Color paint I have? If there's special paint for that, what would the likely outcome be if I just used the above mentioned paint? It's not that big an area I plan to paint. Also, how to prep the surface beforehand? TIA.

of
if
plan
Depends on how flexible the parts are. If they are the factory pieces they are made from SMC and can be treated almost like steel. You sand, prime and paint. The primer is special but the topcoat can be standard paint. IF they are flexible pieces (like the lower air deflector and some aftermarket parts) then you need a flex additive mixed into the paint. Without it the paint will crack and chip off within a year.
-

What Steve said. I bought some paint here... http://www.paintscratch.com/ ...to fix up some major scratches on the flexible bumpers on my daughter's Mitsu. A bit pricey but worked well and the match was dead on. Good info on painting techniques too. FWIW YMMV DFB