Park Avenue Cruise Control

My 97 Park Avenue, with 144K, doesn't hold the set speed when on cruise control. It will hold for quite awhile, and then it will quit holding the set speed. Resetting only holds for a short time, then it is as
though I've touched the brake, or turned the cruise off. I wonder if there is a fix, or a worn part? Is there something I can check?
Charles wrote:

Yes, my '91 Park started doing the same thing when it had about 90,000 miles. The independent shop replaced the control stalk on the left of the steering column, and the trouble started again within six months. Then they replaced the servo, which solved the problem.
---Bob Gross---