Park Avenue Signal Light On

Hi

I have a 1998 Buick Park Avenue. The left signal light stays on all the time and does not blink. It is even on when the ignition is off. I pull out the fuse for the hazard flasher to make the light go out and not run the battery down. Can someone please tell me what my problem is?

Thanks John

Reply to
John F

Sounds like a tough one, does the car have twilight [ zone ] headlights that stay on after car is turned off, or other features like autotronic dimming. Are you sure only one side lights, or does one side glow brightly, and other side barely glows ? I had a nasty problem with my 81 El Camino that turned out to be a shorted marker light socket. Found problem when I cut wires in disgust to make, still another, test light. If I hadn't lost my patience, I may * never * have found problem.

Could also be funky directional switch, but even the worst ones going shut off with key. I hope it's not the printed circut !

Reply to
451ctds