Parking brake Pedal removal 93 GRand Am

Yesterday some plastic thingy broke on the Emergency/Parking brake pedal. And now the cable has a lot of slack. I could not find any adjuster on the
entire cable. I suspect what broke was part of the autoadjust mechanism. Is the pedal replaceable? Anybody know how much work is involved in replacing it?
Sume 1993 Pontiac Grand Am 3.3L V6 134000 miles