parts help!!!quik reply please

Hi, I just got done troubleshooting a friends car that would not start. It is a '01 oldsmobile alero with a 3.4L. Turned out to be a bad map sensor. I had one laying around from a '95 saturn sl2. The part #s are different but it plugged in and the car started and runs fine. The car however shifts extremely hard, i would describe it like it has a shift kit. is this going to destroy the transmission if the car is driven this way for a while? does anyone have an extra map sensor for this application on hand they would like to sell? please let me know asap. Thank you

Reply to
Carjunky via CarKB.com

I just took a quick look at the Autozone site to see if they referenced different MAP sensors for these two cars. If I did it correctly, they come up with exactly the same sensor for both of these cars, namely SU105, cost about $46.

I know that Autozone is not necessarily a standard of quality, BUT if they are right maybe you have something else going wrong.

Reply to
<HLS