Parts Interchangibility between Buick and Chevy

I am the proud owner of a 1992 Chevy Lumina APV 3.1 that has been sitting in my driveway like forever... due to a fuel leak, the engine caught fire...and the van has been sidelined ever since.

I have a primary car but I miss having a van, for hauling, and general work..... a friend told me about a 1990 Olds Silhouette being sold for a reasonalbe price (it passed inspection). The Olds is a 7 seater with a 3.1 engine.... Looks a lot like the Lumina, airplane glass all around, high mounted tail lights, etc...

I did a lot of work on the Lumina before it caught fire....new tires, nice rims, new alternator, water pump, brake discs, drums, suspension parts....lots of other good stuff, which is why it's been sitting in my driveway for over a year, I hate to throw all that stuff out.

Does anyone know if parts are transferable between the two....it would be nice to get a good set of spares before sending the Lumina off to the graveyard.....

Your opinion please... Thanks

btw.... does the Olds Sillhouette have the infamous 3.1 intake manifold or distributor "O' Ring oil leak ???

Thanks !!!

Reply to
Pete

Mike Levy