Passlock. Oh-oh?

My 04 Grand Am wouldn't start this morning. Security Light kept flashing. I guess Passlock shut down the system. I left the key ON and eventually the light went off and it started. The Security light does
flash occassionally. I've noticed lots of comments(problems) about Passlock on this group. Any info or "heads up" would be appreciated. Thanks.