PCM/ECM

I have a 97 Pontiac GTP is the PCM the Same as the ECM ??. Also could any one tell me were I can find them on the car

Consider them to be the same. The PCM may control a few more functions than the ECM from which it evolved.
Your PCM may be in a black plastic container under the hood of the car, on the driver side near the radiator. At least, some GM's have them there.

No need to guess, on this particular model it is located on the driver's side under the air cleaner housing cover.
Steve