PHOTO - Olds motor - find the PCV valve location ?

1997 Olds 88 - I want to put my new PVC valve in , 100K miles on it.

here is a photo I grid marked, please tell me where I should start digging to find the PCV. I suspect it may be hidden under something else too.

You can pinpoint it with tenths if u want eg: C4 (where C crosses 4 ) or B.3 x 4.5 (where B and a third crosses 4 and a half)

Hope I am at the correct end of the block ....... thanks.

photo here:

hlm

Between 2 & 3. That thing thats rasied up in the air with the connector has to be removed. The PCV is under there in a recesss.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,383 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

I'm guessing you mean between E and F also ?

Reply to
AStar

Reply to
Michael Bowden

I believe you are at the wrong end of the intake manifold, from what I can tell from the info I have it's at the other end, drive belt end.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I also found this on the internet:

on a 3800 eng. take the eng. cover off and on the top left of the upper intake its under the the grey sensor

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Just got home.......... I will get a shot of the other end and post very soon. tnx

Reply to
hlm

ok, here is the alternator, pumps and pulley end of the crank. ( front of motor )

hlm

Reply to
Shep

Agreed

Reply to
Steve Mackie

sorry, I'm confused.......... is that a yes on the green arrow ? or no.

Reply to
hlm

yes

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks everyone, will open her up tomorrow.

Reply to
hlm

The device in B-C/3-4, remove it very carefully, the PCV is underneath. Pay close attention to the O-rings and where they go.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The what????

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Ok, will watch the O rings. tnx

Reply to
hlm

Amen....one of our techs recently changed the upper manifold on one of these engines. After he changed it, it developed a funny whistling noise. You probably know what happened.

He ended up tearing the engine out of the car and stripping it down looking for the problem. He never asked anyone in the shop for some advice. I wandered over after a bit and asked him what the problem was. He told me his little story and what he'd replaced. He was pretty upset when I went straight to the pcv valve location and pointed out the o-ring that he'd forgotten to re-install into the new manifold.

Oh well.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

This is probably why Dorman is shipping their replacement upper plenums with the PCV valve already installed.

Some days, I really miss working in a dealership... ;-)

Reply to
Neil Nelson