pin dots of rust in paint white 2005 Envoy

I have a White 2005 Envoy with pin dots of rust all over the car on the metal and on the plastic parts as well, noticed this problem a couple of months after the purchase of the vehicle. I brought the car back to the
dealer and they said it was rail dust and if they clayed the vehicle it would never come back, it came back. This processes went on about 4 times before they ended up get the districted service rep involved and he said it's environment and there is nothing they can do. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem because I am trying to gather information. I was told to take this case to CAMVAP its an outside arbitration for people not happy with the decisions of what they received from the dealer, service rep and after you called the 1-800 number.
Thanks Mike
Not saying this is your problem, but on my car when I noticed this, it was because I was parking next to a welding shop, during the day. When I parked it elsewhere, the problem went away. I guess dust was blowing over the fence onto my car.
Mike & Chris wrote:

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there

That can happen, I was lucky, after a few washes my paint was okay. Most of this comes from industrial air exhaust from metal working factories. It can carry for hundreds of feet before falling to the ground. Any one else have this problem around where you parked your car? A good yearly wax will prevent this problem from permanently staining the paint.
Mike & Chris wrote:

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there
I'm thinking the dealer is absolutely right, good news, not hard to clay the vehicle yourself. Wax immediately after claying.
nate
Erness Wild wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

You have tried, I think, to get them to settle this honestly. I think I would go directly to arbitration.
I dont buy the story that it is rail dust... Now,the rail car could have passed through an acid fog, or suchlike, but it sounds to me like you may have damage down to the metal surface.
At any rate, I dont think you got what you thought you paid for...
I agree... you should definatly take a look at where you're parking your vehicle. I have heard of this problem but not on that particular vehicle before.

On Apr 5, 4:55pm, snipped-for-privacy@idirect.ca wrote:

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/reference/troubleshooting_guide/rail_dust/index.cfm
http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/fallout.htm
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f31/rail-dust-64490 /

Sounds like you have some kind of airborne contamination that the dealership has fixed once.
Now really, if its something airborne, do you think that Ford is responsible for maintenance on your vehicle?
Get real, anything on the PLASTIC isn't rust, its probably exactly what they told you and anything you park wherever it is you are parking, is going to get it on it.

You are right, of course.. If it is on plastic, it is some sort of airborne contamination.
This was noticed after 2 months of the car coming off the assembly line, also the car was clayed from the dealer and when we went to pick it up the spots where still there.
wrote in message news:CX9Cl.3642

The old GM might have just suggested that you should buy a new one.