Ping Ian (shiden_kai)

Page 2 of 2

Substantiating your own statement is not doing someone else's homework Mike. The gauntlet that has been cast before you is to simply validate your own statement. As has proven quite common in your rhetoric Mike, it is you who is suggesting that another do your homework. You made the assertion - you demonstrate that it's more than just hot air.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

You are funny Mike. I like a sense of humor. You aruge terribly, but you do say funny things. I vote to keep you around here - you keep the rest of us from taking life too seriously.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

It doesn't look like you can do this....see below.
Vehicle Personalization Modes of Operation Automatic Door Locks (Manual Trans) The following are the modes of operation for the automatic door locks feature:
a.. Mode 1: All of the doors lock when the vehicle speed exceeds 8 km/h (5 mph). All of the doors will unlock when the transaxle is shifted into REVERSE (R) and the key is turned to OFF. Mode 2: if equipped with RKE All of the doors lock when the vehicle speed exceeds 8 km/h (5 mph). Only the driver door unlocks when the transaxle is shifted into REVERSE (R) the key is turned to OFF. b.. Mode 3: All of the doors lock when the vehicle speed exceeds 8 km/h (5 mph). No automatic door unlock. c.. Mode 4: No automatic door lock or unlock. Automatic Door Locks (Automatic Trans) The following are the modes of operation for the automatic door locks feature:
a.. Mode 1: All of the doors lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK. All of the doors unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK and the key is turned to OFF. b.. Mode 2: All of the doors lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK. Only the driver door unlocks when the vehicle is shifted into PARK and the key is turned to OFF. c.. Mode 3: All of the doors lock when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK. No automatic door unlock. d.. Mode 4: The automatic door lock feature is disabled.
Ian

Thanks Ian. That's what the owner's manual describes too. I was hoping that perhaps there were other programming capabilities that you folks were privy to, which were not in the manual. Oh well... I've fairly well gotten used to hitting the unlock button when I go to get out of the car.