Plastic bumper repair

My three month old Lucerne was damaged on the "plastic" rear bumper. The damages are rather severe "scrapes". Happened in a parking lot and of course no one saw it happen.

Can damaged plastic parts like these be refinished or are new parts in order? I have not with damage this type of part.

Thanks.

Reply to
Bishoop

Yes they can be repaired. You basically sand the area and use a special rubberized filler/epoxy material. Then sand and paint. The trick is getting a good blend.

Talk to the place that owns the parking lot and see if they might have a camera on that area. You might get lucky.

Reply to
Steve W.