Plastic key broken

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe. The key to open and start the vehicle has developed a crack on the very top of the plastic part of the key causing it to slip off my key ring. I have a spare, but I was wondering what exactly is underneath the plastic? Can I drill a hole through the middle of the key or is there some type of circuity embedded within the key?

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
Adam Leinss

Adam Leinss wrote in news:Xns98E9712BE8711aleinsstoughguy@140.99.99.138:

if you drill a hole thru the circuitry of the security system in the key head i imagine the key will no longer start the truck..............kjun

Reply to
Kjun

Since you still have two keys buy a new key and program it yourself, WBMA

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter