Po742

2nd post : 2001 Buick Century 112000 miles. I took this car to a transmission shop for this problem(very good shop) they checked the transmission out and told me it was working
fine and if I could live with the check engin light, drive it! This was about a month ago and the check engin light comes on about every week or ten days. The fluid has been changed every 50000 miles. Is there a good product to add to the fluid that might help this problem. Could this be an external wiring problem? If so where or what would you clean? Thanks Ernie
Check this link. http://service.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/pdf/2001/2001trans4.pdf

-
The torque converter clutch is slipping. I would find a better transmission shop or the dealer. There are several pages of diagnostic procedures in the service manual to go through to diagnose the problem. Get the service manual from Helminc.com and an OBDII tester if you plan to work on it yourself. The majority of times I have seen this reported the transmission was soon to go...