Pontiac-branded Holden Ute?

I swear I saw a link to a news article on fark.com yesterday stating that GM was considering bringing over an Aussie Ute as a Pontiac. But now I go back to reread it and the submission must have been
un-greenlighted. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
1) why not just call it a Chevy El Camino?
2) I hope they do. I'd buy one, if it's reasonably priced. Currently I'm driving a '93 F-150 and I swear my dad's '73 Chevy Custom Deluxe is more pleasant to drive. I can't figure out why F*rd trucks are so darn popular when their front suspension is so weird, they should have just kept a straight axle.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yep. I thought that article was interesting, and just having gleaned it, I gathered the bringing over was a given. (How'd you like the looks of that Ford?) I'm sure you voted on a name--could have earned you a prize--too late now since I've already entered what certainly will be the winner:) When I win, I'm gonna try to buy one of those Fords! NOT! Too much fitted to my Sonoma to desert GM. s
I hope if they bring it here that is an El Camino with the Malibu look from the "b" pillar forward like in the past. Even though the Malibu is front wheel drive, I am sure a rear wheel drive El Camino can still resemble the "Bu".