Pontiac-branded Holden Ute?

I swear I saw a link to a news article on fark.com yesterday stating that GM was considering bringing over an Aussie Ute as a Pontiac. But now I go back to reread it and the submission must have been un-greenlighted. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

1) why not just call it a Chevy El Camino?

2) I hope they do. I'd buy one, if it's reasonably priced. Currently I'm driving a '93 F-150 and I swear my dad's '73 Chevy Custom Deluxe is more pleasant to drive. I can't figure out why F*rd trucks are so darn popular when their front suspension is so weird, they should have just kept a straight axle.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yep. I thought that article was interesting, and just having gleaned it, I gathered the bringing over was a given. (How'd you like the looks of that Ford?) I'm sure you voted on a name--could have earned you a prize--too late now since I've already entered what certainly will be the winner:) When I win, I'm gonna try to buy one of those Fords! NOT! Too much fitted to my Sonoma to desert GM. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Reply to
BSMack