Pontiac GP wiper blades

I tried to change the wiper blades and the manual says to turn the ignition to ACC, turn on the wipers till they are in the upper position, then turn off ignition to stop them there. I couldn't get them to stop, so was wondering if it's just me not turning off the ignition at the precise moment or if it is haywire. I'll get back to it later, but right now it's getting close to 103degrees out side so will have to wait till this evening to fool with it some more. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul

If it is a newer Grand Prix, you may have the system that keeps power going to some of the options after the key is turned off. Usually if you open the driver's door, then turn the key off, the wipers should stop where they are.

Reply to
80 Knight

Thanks. I had the driver door open while trying this, but I'll try closing it then opening it then turning the key off. I hope I'm co-ordinated enough for all this. :-) This is an 04 Pontiac.

Reply to
Paul

I forgot to say that isn't required to do anything with the wipers or the ignition to change the wipers. The only thing is it makes it easier to replace the wipers if they are up. But, I would suggest turning the ignition on, waiting till the wipers go up, then turning the ignition off right away. Don't bother trying to turn the wiper switch off, as that will just make the wipers go back to there lowered position. It's just a timing thing ;)

Good luck.

Reply to
80 Knight

On my '05 Impala it's damn near impossible to replace the wiper blades with the wipers parked, as they're semi-hidden (work like hidden wipers, but don't go down all the way below the rear edge of the hood.) On the '08 it is much easier to accomplish, and as an added bonus, GM finally got with the program and made the wiper arms go "over center" when pulled up so that you can replace the blades more easily and also leave them up overnight in freezing weather.

nate

Reply to
N8N