Pontiac Trans Sport Opinions Requested

Hi. I'm looking at a '98 Pontiac Trans Sport to buy. The vehicle is very clean and runs well. It has 73000 miles. I don't think the intake manifold
gasket has been replaced, but there's no indication of water in the oil.
Anyone have any opinions to share, pro or con? If so, I'm all e-ears!
Thanks, WW
Yeah, those trans sports are the ugliest damn van I have ever seen. But if you like that in a van, hey, go for it.
WaterWatcher wrote:

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Aztek?
WW
No, the aztek is pontiac attempt to out crap the pacer. A valiant effort too.
WaterWatcher wrote:

The 98 TS was the first year of the new style. I picked one up new in February 1998. It was one of the first 4 door extended versions to be released in Canada. I drove it for 237,000 km and traded it in on a 2000 Montana. Not a single problem with the 98, in fact of the 3 I have had it was the best. My current 2003 SUCKS. (Tranny failure, 120K) Cost me $2500.00 with no help from GM. I had the dreaded manifold gasket problem, ( no help from GM) even though there is a TSB out on the problem. Paint is rusting on the roof. Windshield wipers are always screwing up. Piston slap like crazy.Windshield makes a h of a whistle at high speeds. Going through front pads like crazy yet all I do is highway driving. My advice buy the 98. Wish I had mine back.

With any used vehicle it's a bit of a crap shoot. If it's been well maintained "shouldn't" be a bad move. Keep in mind it is a 7 year old vehicle.

Thanks for the response. This one is almost like a new car it's so clean. He's asking $6000 for it. I drove it and did not hear piston slap, and there's no apparent water in the oil. It's in California so no rust problems.
Thanks again, WW
Winepro: Get a copy of LEMON-AID by Phil Edmunston at your local bookstore/library. In it is everything you need to know about suing. It even has case precedence complete with file numbers, or how to deal with the makers before it even gets that far. You just may get some of your hard-earned back. Good Luck.
Hard to say it is a good car. Mine is 97 Transsport, bought used. There were major problems, but fixed luckly. The leaking header gasket was fix buy a can of coolant anti-leaking additive. The broken ABS wire was fix by myself (dealer asking for $600 to replace whole ABS). Other than this, only minor problem like broken driven belt and blower resistor.