Pontiac Trans Sport Opinions Requested

Hi. I'm looking at a '98 Pontiac Trans Sport to buy. The vehicle is very clean and runs well. It has 73000 miles. I don't think the intake manifold gasket has been replaced, but there's no indication of water in the oil.

Anyone have any opinions to share, pro or con? If so, I'm all e-ears!

Thanks, WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

Yeah, those trans sports are the ugliest damn van I have ever seen. But if you like that in a van, hey, go for it.

WaterWatcher wrote:

Reply to
Jon

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Aztek?

WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

Reply to
wp23

With any used vehicle it's a bit of a crap shoot. If it's been well maintained "shouldn't" be a bad move. Keep in mind it is a 7 year old vehicle.

Reply to
Full_Name

Thanks for the response. This one is almost like a new car it's so clean. He's asking $6000 for it. I drove it and did not hear piston slap, and there's no apparent water in the oil. It's in California so no rust problems.

Thanks again, WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

Winepro: Get a copy of LEMON-AID by Phil Edmunston at your local bookstore/library. In it is everything you need to know about suing. It even has case precedence complete with file numbers, or how to deal with the makers before it even gets that far. You just may get some of your hard-earned back. Good Luck.

Reply to
madmedix

Hard to say it is a good car. Mine is 97 Transsport, bought used. There were major problems, but fixed luckly. The leaking header gasket was fix buy a can of coolant anti-leaking additive. The broken ABS wire was fix by myself (dealer asking for $600 to replace whole ABS). Other than this, only minor problem like broken driven belt and blower resistor.

Reply to
John Sayor