Pontiac Transport-- No blower for front air-Tried lots of stuff but-- stuck!

Thanks for reading this! --Using my Chilton's guide I first checked the fuse 0k,I also checked the relay under the glove box, but when it was taken out the REAR air did not work so I *** it has no control over the
front blower.I then hooked the blower fan direct to the battery and it fired up just fine. No grindy noises or screeching. I then removed the resistor coil *** and except for some rust on the bottom of the coils where they attach to the base it looked ok- but I replaced it with one from the junkyard anyway-- no luck! No blower! So I pulled the multi control panel which-- by the way, works ok when pushing the various air direction change buttons and rear defrost-- just no blower at any speed.Anyway, I relaced the whole control *** but still no blower up front. NOW I am stuck! Can you help?
Get an OEM manual which has electrical diagrams and trace the circuit. Chiltons is useless on real problems and guessing on today's cars is just as useless.

What year is your machine?