Poor man Fuel Efficiency technique revealed!

Do not disconnect your alternator to reduce electrical load like this guy:

charges his battery separately before driving. That's one inconvenience, there is one big problem, in 1-2 hours your car will stop running. Your battery power has to be strong if you want higher fuel efficiency because it needs at least 55 amps to supply for your vehicle ignition system (fuel pump power consumption included). Remember Weaker power = Weaker combustion.

------- For only 4% of a hybrid cost, OFS can turn any vehicle into a hybrid-like vehicle. If you haven't tried it, do not discount it.

GasSaver

In message , GasSaver writes

This shows your total ignorance of all cars.

Reply to
Clive

Clive,

You demonstrate you know nothing about car electrical system or the word "At least". You're a self-righteous poster with more theories than actual work. Do these steps to open your eyes my man:

1) Start your car, let your 80-amp battery charger running your car.

2) Disconnect your battery (just 1-lead only) and don't complain before you see the result.

I repeat you will see "at least 55amps drawing off your charger" Where do you think the power goes to?

Your alternator is running, it's supposed to balance the load together with your charger, keep that power assistance in mind also.

The test above shows you cannot have your battery running your car alone without an alternator charging your battery consistently. From now on I won't answer your stupid comment any more... You and your gang are good at accusing people without evidence.

Reply to
GasSaver

not a smart move gas saver guy.

FYI most of the newer Nissan vehicles have an electronically controlled alternator, meaning the ecm controls the amount of output a.k.a "load" of/on the alternator depending on the needs of the vehicle and its electrical system.

Ok , I quit reading after the first sentence, who ever wrote that has no freaking clue about automotive electrical systems.

Reply to
Kenny

In message , GasSaver writes

Have you checked the power factor when seeing this type of current displayed?

Reply to
Clive

This is about the equivalent of turning off your car in the 70's to coast down a hill. doh!?

cldnails