Poor start Venture 2000 - pump gas pedal then Ok

I have problems starting the van 2 out of 3 times. If I insert the key in the ignition and leave it for a couple of seconds, it seams to start better (but not always). If I pump the gas petal then it always starts
after 1-2 seconds. But I realize that you are not suppose to pump the gas (as per manual). If you have to do that, it means some thing not working properly. I have put new spark plugs recently and had some o-rings or gaskets replace in the injectors, but still does not start properly. I usually take 2 - 3 tries to start the van. Any ideas?
It could be anything. A better description of what it does do when it does not start would help. When you turn the key does it : A. Do nothing B. Click but not crank C. Crank but not start/run
Things like taking the key in and out and pumping the pedal, may be voodoo, depending on above.
GW
lbbs wrote:

It cranks (makes that loud starter noise) but does not start.
Also, I put some fuel injector cleaner recently. On occasion
I can smell a strong smell of gas, when I exit the van. I don't
remember when that happens, after driving or when idling.
thanks.

My guess is that an injector is leaking, thus flooding the engine. That would explain why you smell fuel, and why pumping the gas pedal helps (it lets air in). Next time instead of pumping the pedal just hold it down.
If I'm right, you want to fix this soon because the extra fuel eventually dilutes the oil in the engine. GW
lbbs wrote:

better yet.. since I havn't seen a leaking injector on a gm in a while. I have seen tons of fuel pressure regulators leaking I would go there first...pull off the vacuum line going to it and look for evidence of fuel leaking out the diaphram....into the vacuum port...Bobo