Possible fuel pump leak

Hello Folks. '81 Pontiac 305 V8, H code engine
Mechanical fuel pump on side of engine has very slight gas residue - not dripping, barely discernible - on upper hemisphere of pump.
No gas evident on oil dipstick.
Is there a weep / relief hole in that area, to drain pump if diaphragm leaks ?
... or is such miniscule gas residue inconsequential?
I've had a fuel pump die before ( '72 Buick Sylark / 350 ), but that was noticeable by gas dripping.
Otherwise the Pontiac runs good .. just turned over 90,000 Km. ( had 55,000 when I bought it a couple of years ago ).
Unlike the Buick Skylark, I believe the Pontiac fuel pump is driven by a pushrod (?) I've read that it can be held in place by grease during reassembly. Any suggestions or advice re: installing such a pump? ( if it is necessary now ). Please reply to NG
Thanks, -JS