Possible to clean plugged injectors?

One of my neighbors has a 93 Lumina with the 3.1L engine. He was cutting up a car for scrap that had been sitting for about 10 years, and discovered the tank
still had gas in it. The "gas" had a strong varnish smell, was dark red, and burned with a lot of really smelly black smoke. Against all advice, he dumped 3 or 4 gallons of this stuff in his Lumina, and now it won't start. I'm strongly suspecting that the injectors are plugged, and am wondering if removing them and cleaning them is feasable, or if they should be replaced.
PS - So far, I have NOT said "told you so"; I'm trying to be polite. :-)

I doubt that the gas would plug the injectors. How is the fuel filter ? Is the engine getting fuel to the cylinders ? My guess would be that the gas is so old it won't burn. The best bet would be to drain the tank. The next best would be to fill the tank with fresh gas to dillute the bad gas.

I'll pass that on to him; thanks.