Potential used GM buyer in 2004-2005

Page 2 of 2
New Accord or Toyota, GM cant come close..at least Accord and Camary can kept their intake manifolds from leaking. There is no comparison!

But apparently, from what we read in the various NG's, Honda can't keep their trannys together nor can Toyota stop their engines from 'gelling' up. ;)
mike hunt
Andy & Carol wrote:

I have bought a 1999 GMC Jimmy (brand new) and I have had to: - replace the rear main seal - replace the oil cooler lines (three times) - re-glue the outside door cladding - replace the wheel hubs+ bearings (3 of them) - replace the seat back handle - replace the head gasket - then another oil leak: I was told the rear main seal was leaking again as well as the manifold intake. Just when I was pondering what to do about this, the engine blows (I have put in a new engine) after less than four years and 110,000 kms. - replaced the turn signal (around CDN$500) - noise in the dashboard: it appears that an engine mount is bad
Get yourself a Honda !
Alex wrote:

Typical.
All cars do this, unfortunately. Trim pieces are not very good in most vehicles, so the way to get around this is - get something without any.

Gheez. That can't be right.

You documenting all of this? You might have coverage under the lemon laws.

Definite lemon. Check local laws.
The 2003 4-Runner was a massive improvement. Currently, it is the best true SUV out there.
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:30:44 GMT, Joseph Oberlander

Lemon laws often only protect against a NEW vehicle being of poor quality, and then only if you have to make more than x number of trips for the same problem or the vehicle is in the shop for xx% of the time for the same problem. Tim varies by location...