Power steering fluid

My Blazer, bought a few months ago, had major power steering fluid leak. I replaced the power steering pump. I replaced the o-rings where the high side connects to the pump. Still leaking, replaced the high pressure side hose and o-rings on both ends. Did see leaking where the high side pressure hose connects to steering gear box. Non-existent after replacement. Was fine for a week, now its leaking again. Know its power steering fluid as the pump reservoir is gradually emptying, clear fluid on driveway. Haven't stuck my head under the Blazer. Is this a common problem?

94 Chevy S-10 Blazer, 4.3 V6 Vortec engine, automatic.
Reply to
Jonny

On 3/14/06 7:22 AM, in article rAyRf.4010$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net, "Jonny" spewed forth this gibberish...

Could be the steering gear hole threads are/were crossthreaded or stripped.. It's tough to get those lined up well.. Also could be loosening up due to vibration.. Try wrapping the threads on the hose with teflon tape and getting it good and tight..

Reply to
Michael Keefe

Been there, done that.

In my case, I finally had to replace the PSP with a new one. A rebuild just didn't take.

Reply to
<HLS