Power Steering Pump Q's (70's style)

Is there a master list of all the combos of pumps and brackets there are available for the 70's/early 80's GM power steering pump?
The car: 76 Camaro.
The engine: 350 from (I believe) an 81 Camaro. The PS pump: has a nut on the pump shaft and IIRC is the keyway style (not sure if that's the older or newer style.) The PS pump bracket: one piece sits "under" the pump and bolts through the water pump. The other piece bolts to the head and exhaust manifold. Then another "spacer" allows you to take up slack in the belt. Works about as good as it sounds, and on the new engine it hits the balancer. Does anyone have some good pictures of a "stock" layout for me to use for ideas?
(It was a 305 with a 6" balancer - and now has a 350 with an 8" balancer - could I just change the balancer? )
All the spare pumps I have have totally wrong brackets...(Pontiac and Buick pumps and brackets.) I'm going to "make it fit" (it is a racecar so it doesn't have to be pretty) but I'm totally annoyed... originally the pulley was bent so I went pump hunting at the junkyard and none were a direct swap - ended up swapping pulleys.
Argh... I just don't know the "best/usual" place to mount a PS pump on a SBC... and it doesn't help when nothing is stock anymore...
The part that really drives me nuts: They all look the same at the junkyard but they're all different once you get them home.
Ok, I'll stop whining now.
Ray
Yes, call a dealer.
mike hunt
ray wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:11:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

most auto salvage yards have a computerized interchange system (I can't remember what it's called) that would have the answers you're looking for. Dealers won't be that helpful for stuff that old.
-Bret

are
Your thinking of APD-Hollanders computerized parts interchange database. Not all salvage yards use their computerized database. Others use their books, which contain the same information.
APD-Hollander also makes a Inventory and parts location software called "Eden". Charles
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

wow, you're helpful. I don't have the stock engine, or the stock pump. Heck, I don't even know what the pump comes from. How exactly is the counter-drone at the dealership going to help me?
What I'm looking for is info on the types of pumps used and mounting brackets to save me time and grief on my next trip through the junkyard.
Ray

A Hollander manual can be used to cross reference the GM parts numbers to a Hollander parts number. Then from there to what it originally came on.
8 inch balancers were stock on Trucks & Vans. You might try a truck bracket with your exisisting pump. Or if you feel froggy, make the jump to a serpentine belt system from a late 80's vehicle, which if you use the right parts, will give you 2 wing brackets that will be quick change, so you can have extra's ready to go. All with parts from the bone yard. Charles