Power Window Stopped Working

I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe. The front passenger power window stopped working, with the window up (thank goodness). When I actuate either the window switch at the passenger door or the driver door (the child safety
is off) I heard a click (a relay) and nothing else happens.
I am inexperienced at working on power windows and am not even sure how to safely remove the door trim panel without damage to the panel. Is this a big job to repair and should I leave it to a mechanic or dealer?
Sounds like the breaker is tripping. It could be possible that the window is just stuck.

I am having the same problem with my girlfriend's GMC Envoy, except on the driver's side. I hear the relay clicking, but the window won't move. She took it to a shop and they said the problem must be in the switch because they tried powering the window motor itself, bypassing the switch, and the motor works. I wrote gmpartsdirect.com for a part number, and they sent a part number and a notice that the switch will need to be programmed. The instructions are in the service manual. That makes me think that a re-programming would be a good first step, rather than replacing the switch.
Anybody know how to program a door window switch?
Thanks.

Mr. Akloster:
What year is your Envoy?
A quick look at the schematic for a 2000 Envoy shows conventional power window switches. No programming required. Also, the service procedure makes no mention whatsoever of programming.

It is a 2003 with the extended cab. I carefully took the switch panel apart and saw that it has a couple logic boards and many integrated circuits. At that point I realized spraying it with contact cleaner wasn't going to fix it. . .

You need a scan tool to program the switch. Step two (2) of the programming procedure says:
2. Follow the instructions on the Techline Terminal and scan tool to program the DDM/PDM. (Drive Door Module/Passenger Door Module)
Steve
Thanks Steve. It sounds like I would get off cheaper just taking it to the dealer for a re-programming. So much for do-it-yourself window repairs.
I appreciate your response. Thanks again.