Prices - 2004 Impala SS Monte Carlo SS

Living where I live I have 7 Chevy dealers within 12 miles of my house. Anyway, one of them had two 2004 Impala SS's in stock. Black with grey leather interiors. 3800 Supercharged V6.

2004 Impala SS Base Price $27,335 2004 Impala Base model $21,240 2004 Impala LS base price N/A

2003 Impala LS base price $24,210

So the SS is $3125 over the price of an LS ( based on the 2003 price ).

Leather is standard in the SS. The sunroof is up $150 to $900 for 04.

SS preferred equipment group - 1SB option Package is $700 and includes : Cargo net, AM-FM-CD 200 watt Premium Radio, heated mirrors, electro- chromatic inside rearview mirror. Steering wheel control buttons.

Comfort Pack $445 ( same price as 2003 ) includes heated front seats, 6 way power passenger seat.

Driver Info Center $295 ( same as 2003 price ).

Destination $660 ( same as 2003 price ).

OnStar isn't standard on the SS, at least these two I saw didn't have it.

The 2003's Blower Speed knob reads : OFF, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

2004 SS Blower Speed knob has a series of 12 dots around the dial circumference. ( cheap ! ).

Impala SS script is below the moldings on the front doors and is impossible to read.

Monte Carlo SS

2004 Monte Carlo SS base price $23,565 2003 Monte Carlo SS base price $23,510

The 2004's they had, had the standard 3800. V6. I guess the supercharged engine is optional.

The 04's said SS in red letters just ahead of the rear wheels, but didn't have the body colored Monte Carlo script like the 2003's. That was the only difference I spotted to distinguish the 04 from 03.

No 04 Park's or Bonnies in yet.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Hey Man,

Your 91 Bonny with all those miles is a way better car... Does that POS Chevy have a driver information center with those cool red lights??? I don't think so....

:>

Jake

Reply to
M Hayes529

Yeah it is a cool car - new headliner too.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

If it's not RWD and does not have a V-8, it's not an SS!!!!

Reply to
Jimmy

Wow, how prices change !! My 2002 Monte Carlo LS cost me $18,000.... and I could have gotten the dealer down to 17,500. Nice car but not worth the prices quoted Why would anyone pay that type of $$$ for a car with a "well known and publicised" engine defect.". (It's not only this newsgroup, a neighborhood mechanic and I were conversing yesterday...and he mentioned that he does about two or three intake manifold gaskets on the 3400 engine per week. )

The 3400 engine lacks a lot of get up and go... and the paint chips. I've had paint chips fly off just by waxing the car. Pretty cheap Interior also.

But the body style is nice and all - in - all it's a better choice than riding down the highway in a "toy box on wheels" honda or toyoyo

Reply to
2002 Monte Carlo

Thats what I have been telling Harry Face all along. And the 27 grand base price is a tad high ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I think you're right. My 2003 Malibu LS that I bought in November last year stickered for $21,096 (paid about $18K I think). Today for the same model year, the sticker is over $22,000 with the same options. (actually, mine has the gold badging package, the one for $22K doesn't). Maybe the $3,000 incentives have something to do with it...trying to prop the $$$ up some. Some dealers in the area are having double rebates going on too!

| >2004 Impala SS Base Price $27,335 | >2004 Impala Base model $21,240 | >2004 Impala LS base price N/A | >

| >2003 Impala LS base price $24,210 | >

| >So the SS is $3125 over the price of an LS ( based on the 2003 price ). | >

| >Leather is standard in the SS. The sunroof is up $150 to $900 for 04. | >

| >SS preferred equipment group - 1SB option Package is $700 and | >includes : Cargo net, AM-FM-CD 200 watt Premium Radio, heated mirrors, | >electro- | >chromatic inside rearview mirror. Steering wheel control buttons. | >

| >Comfort Pack $445 ( same price as 2003 ) | >includes heated front seats, 6 way power passenger seat. | >

| >Driver Info Center $295 ( same as 2003 price ). | >

| >Destination $660 ( same as 2003 price ). | >

| >OnStar isn't standard on the SS, at least these two I saw didn't have | >it. | >

| >The 2003's Blower Speed knob reads : OFF, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. | >

| >2004 SS Blower Speed knob has a series of 12 dots around the dial | >circumference. ( cheap ! ). | >

| >Impala SS script is below the moldings on the front doors and is | >impossible to read. | >

| >------------------------------------------------ | >

| >Monte Carlo SS | >

| >2004 Monte Carlo SS base price $23,565 | >2003 Monte Carlo SS base price $23,510 | >

| >The 2004's they had, had the standard 3800. V6. I guess the | >supercharged engine is optional. | >

| >The 04's said SS in red letters just ahead of the rear wheels, but | >didn't have the body colored Monte Carlo script like the 2003's. That | >was the only difference I spotted to distinguish the 04 from 03. | >

| >No 04 Park's or Bonnies in yet. | >

| >========= | >Harryface | >========= | >

| >1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE | >~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_ | >

Reply to
James C. Reeves

The half dozen price hikes over the last year have been reported in business news as the secret behind the continued "cash back" incentives. I read it in the news paper and saw it on Kudlow & Kramer on CNBC. It was also reported that cars now, are the most affordable they have been in comparison to family income since the early 1970's. I was also the opinion of an auto sector analyst that the auto industry as a whole is basically ffffed for many years to come, profitability wise. GW

"James C. Reeves" wrote:

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

In what language does "rear wheel drive" translate into 2 words that start with S?

Reply to
Paradox

No language my friend. SS means Super Sport - its just that purists believe that any Super Sport model should have rear wheel drive like a real sportscar. :-)

And I'm probably wrong about the meaning of SS... that's just what my boss told me since he knows everything (apparently).

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

NIck,

SS does stand for Super Sport or Sister Sledge. Incidentally a 6 cylinder Impala SS was available in the 60's, In 1965, 3500 SS's had a 6 cylinder.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

If you grew up with the "muscle cars" of the 60;s and 70's anyone driving a fwd is a "wuss"

(take comments with a gra>No language my friend. SS means Super Sport - its just that purists believe

Reply to
Peter