Prices

I would like to know if anyone has had any service done lately on a GM-Diesel Pickups. What is the hourly rate anyone pays for this service. I was just curious as to what people have to pay. We just paid $65.00 a hr. and I thought that was ridiculous. Carol

Reply to
Dave Yoder

Sounds like the hourly rate is normal. Mechanic gets $15-19/hr rest to dealer or shop.

Reply to
skidstar

Good price, really. I doubt any dealer or shop is much cheaper. I've seen rates over $100 in some of the larger cities. I use a small independent shop that is quite reasonable and he is $55 an hour. My local Buick dealer is $76.

Yes, they do make a profit, but those rates are not nearly as ridiculous as you think. Take a look at the bills any dealer is paying for his rent, equipment, taxes, etc. Shocking to anyone that has never seen a multi-thousand dollar electric bill and workman's comp rates.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski